Thứ Năm, 2 tháng 8, 2012

Ga Xa Ot - Lemon Grass Chicken

Sorry for the lack of post everybody!  I've been busy traveling here and there since May, yup that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  I'm heading to Houston next week and I'm so excited!  I try to go to Houston once a year and just eat non-stop for a whole weekend.  If anybody is familiar with the Houston area, please do recommend some of your local favorites.

Over a year ago I caught Luke Nguyen's cooking show while eating dinner at my friend's place.  He was making ga xa ot and by the end of the show our boyfriends complained why we never made them this dish.  Truthfully my mom never made this dish for me growing up, we always had ga kho gung (ginger chicken).  I was just about to make ga kho gung for dinner tonight, and then I realized I still need to make ga xa ot for my boyfriend to try.  I promise I do not always put off things this bad!

Marinade:

1 whole chicken cut into smaller pieces
4 tablespoon of minced lemongrass (the frozen kind)
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon of mushroom seasoning
1/2 tablespoon of chili power
4 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of onion power
1/2 cup of fish sauce

Other ingredients:
sugar
chile paste (ot sate)
2 stalk of lemongrass cut into inch peices

1.  Marinade for as long as you can, but 2 hours should be fine.
2.  In a pot caramelize at 4 tablespoon of sugar, this will give the chicken some color.
3.  Add the chicken, marinade and all to the pot.  Let this cook on low to medium heat.  
4.  Add the lemongrass stalk to the pot. 
5.  Add as much ot sate to your preference of spiciness.
6.  Make sure you flip each of the chicken pieces so they get some color.
7.  Cook until chicken cooks through and sauces reduces.  If liquid reduces to quickly you can add little bit of water or chicken broth. 
8.  Enjoy!

Artikel Terkait

Ga Xa Ot - Lemon Grass Chicken
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email