Chủ Nhật, 11 tháng 7, 2010

Nui Ga - Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup


I like to change things up every now and then. I can't eat rice everyday, and yes I do prefer noodles over rice. I love slurping noodles and the warmth of hot broth in my tummy. So at least 2-3 times a week I have to make a pot of some kind of noodle soup. But on those busy days when I don't have time to hover over the stove all day, nui ga is my quick fix.

Nui ga is definitely my ideal comfort food. It always bring me back to my childhood when I use to experiment with my mom's nui ga. I use to put different condiments in my soup to give it a little something more. One day it could be soy sauce, sometimes ketchup, but mostly hoison sauce. Of course my mom did not approve of this behavior but I was just a kid. I don't do it as often now but I do grab the bottle of ketchup if I ever feel nostalgic.


Ingredients:

1 Cornish hen
1 piece of ginger
1 can of chicken broth
1 box of pasta of your liking
salt
sugar
mushroom seasoning
fish sauce
black pepper
green onions
cilantro
water



1. Wash chicken and remove excess fat.
2. Place chicken in pot and add 2-3 quart of water with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3. Let pot come to a boil and remove any scums.
4. Let chicken cook on medium heat.
5. Once chicken is cooked, remove from pot and let chicken cool down.
6. Peel ginger and throw in pot.
7. Add the can chicken broth and 1/2 tablespoon of mushroom seasoning.
8. Taste with more sugar and fish sauce.
9. Once chicken has cooled, remove from broth and shred chicken.
10. Throw chicken bones back into the pot.
11. Continue to taste the broth with fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
12. Finely chop the green onions and cilantro.
13. Cook your pasta so that it is ready to be eaten. I prefer the pasta soft not al dente.


Before serving I like to warm up pasta in the microwave. Place shredded chicken on top of pasta and pour boiling broth over. Top off with green onions, cilantro, and black pepper. Enjoy!

Artikel Terkait

Nui Ga - Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email